Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pinkalicious Sugar Cookies


My youngest granddaughter will be 2 soon.  It is her turn for me to send her some birthday cookies.  She is such a girly-girl, I thought she might get a kick out of some Pinkalicious cookies.  I used my tried and true sugar cookie recipe and colored it pink.  Then decorated the cookie like the cupcakes in the Pinkalicious books.  I hope they light up her beautiful eyes!



Sugar Roll Out Cookies

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar

Cream sugar and butter.  Mix in egg and flavorings.  Stir dry ingredients together, blend into sugar mixture.  Form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.

Heat oven 375 degrees F.  Using half the dough and roll out 1/4" thick.  Bake for 7-8 minutes.

Sugar Cookie Icing

1 cup confectioner sugar
2 tsp. milk
2 tsp. light corn syrup
1/4 tsp. almond extract
assorted food color

In a small bowl, stir together confectioners sugar and milk until smooth.  Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. (It was at a good consistency to pipe at this point)  

Divide into separate bowls and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. 



Pinkalicious Cookies for my Pinkalicious Girl!


Happy Birthday Syringa!


4 comments:

  1. Perfect, and I know she will love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies are cute but oh my gosh, your granddaughter has them beat. What a sweetheart! Lucky her to have such a talented grandma/baker :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies are darling (and so is your granddaughter!)...my daughter loves pinkalicious and would love these. Must try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh SO CUTE! I'm pinning this so I can drool over them again & again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!