Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baked Sunday Mornings: Chocolate Coffee Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache


I made 6 little cakes and topped them with cocoa nibs.  I followed the recipe exactly only I baked the cake in sheet pans and then cut them into rounds.


I had lots of cake left over so I made cake balls by crumbling up the leftover cake, mixing in the coffee buttercream then rolling them into balls and dipping them in the ganache!!  A nice little treat!


This chocolate cake if easy to make and very moist and delicious!  I think this will be my go-to chocolate cake recipe!

To see what the other talented bakers did click here

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Now I wish I had thought of this idea. I might have been able to fit small cakes into my fridge for a few minutes...take out the gallon of milk and put in the cake while ganache sets up...that would have worked. Your cakes are so beautiful and you are sooooooo clever. I'm glad I read your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and I like your cake balls. All great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the cake balls!!! Cakes look so elegant too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm, cake balls... What a wonderful idea! And the little cakes with nibs are so cute! The three-layer version of this cake is definitely quite large, so this is a much more manageable way to go. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of mini cakes! Yours are just gorgeous. Great cake balls, too! I think the chocolate cake is the best I've ever made - so agree - great go-to recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look gorgeous! great idea with the cake balls, I froze one of my layers and was thinking of doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you made this into smaller cakes! I never would have thought to cut them from a sheet pan. And the cake balls look like beautiful cake truffles. How creative and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Chelly!

    I've given you the "Versatile Blogger Award!" Please stop by my blog to "Pick it up." http://www.createamazingmeals.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!