Saturday, May 25, 2013

Baked Sunday Mornings: Malted Madeleines




I have always had a sweet spot in my heart (or should I say stomach) for a good buttery Madeleine.  A traditional Madeleine is basically a beautiful small scallop-shaped buttery yellow cake.  And I too (like the Baked boys) bought my Madeleine pan a few years ago because I loved the beautiful scallop shapes.  When I finally got around to making them I absolutely loved these little butter cakes! I was really excited when the Malted Madeleine was next on the docket for the Baked Sunday Morning group, after all, I love malt I love  Madeleines so it was a win win situation....right?



Well...perhaps not completely right.  I was disappointed that there was no malt flavor at all in these Madeleine...perhaps I am using the wrong kind of malt powder?  Don't know.  


But they were wonderfully chocolaty and you know I am 
crazy about chocolate!


I halved the recipe and am sorry to say, that I did eat my fair share...but for me, those buttery traditional Madeleines can't be beat!

To see what the other bakers did please and get the recipe visit Baked Sunday Mornings




Next week it is Mississippi Mud Pie!

Until then...
Enjoy!






5 comments:

  1. Well they look beautiful! I found mine had a good chocolate taste, but I couldn't taste the malt. And I found them dry and after a few hours even drier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Chelly these are really beautiful! I guess I will have to make them up at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't get the malt flavor! They are beautiful and look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos! I think after seeing everyone's posts I will have to give traditional madeleines a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! What kind of malt powder did you use? I always use non-diastatic malt powder instead of malted milk powder because it has a more pronounced malt flavor. They weren't over-the-top malty, but definitely detectable. I really enjoyed these, but my only complaint is that they were a little dry. Still, nice work, Chelly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!