Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cinnamon Chocolate Soufflés


I have been so involved in eating healthy that I have been MIA with the Baked Sunday Mornings group.  I miss my baking but love the rewards that I have from living a healthy and clean eating lifestyle!  I have lost 40 pounds! And I feel amazing!  Yay me! I still have quite a ways to go but I feel that this time I can actually reach my fitness goals.  

While I know that baking will not help me achieve these goals it serves another purpose in my life.  One that I don't want to give up.  I just have to learn not to overdo.  So when I saw that these Cinnamon Chocolate Soufflés were next on the Baked schedule, I thought that I would give it a try.  Hey there isn't any flour involved a small amount of sugar and dark chocolate... good antioxidants...right?  Well anyway, I have never made a soufflé
and I love cinnamon and chocolate together so I thought that 
I would give it a try!


I halved the recipe and baked it for 8 minutes like the recipe said to do...they looked great when they came out of the oven.  I am not sure they were quite done as they were just slightly lava-like in the center when I spooned into it.  They were quite bitter...I think that maybe they needed more sugar? 


Well, it didn't stop me from eating the whole thing.  
Would I make them again?  No.  
Still was nice getting back into the swing of things with all my Baked buddies!

You can see how the others did here.
And get the recipe here.

As Always....
Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you with the eating well vs baking dilemma. I love to bake but I had been feeling so sluggish. I'm trying to have moderation too, but if I had a lot of baked goods in the house I will definitely eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here-- the pull of fitness vs. baking is a daily battle (one that I am not winning right now)! Congrats on losing 40 pounds-- that is no easy task!! Sounds like the soufflés were so-so for you. It's great to have small portions, since these are very rich. The baking time in the recipe was way off-- mine took 15 minutes to bake through, and it looks like most of other bakers had a similar experience. I also think there was too much cinnamon, accounting for that bitterness. I think with some adjustments, these can be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelly - congratulations on your success! I'm sorry the recipe you chose to jump back into BSM wasn't the best. We had the same experience - UGH! I actually pouted! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing news on your weight loss! Not easy when you love to bake! For me baking is such a stress-reliever, I can never give it up entirely. I am right there with you on this recipe - just not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, meeting your weight loss goals. It is a hard thing to do, to balance baking and healthy eating. But I do find baking to be such a good therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations on your weight loss, that is fantastic! And perhaps it's a mixed blessing that you're not tempted to make these again. I thought that these were quite bitter as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Congrats on the weight loss - that is awesome. Glad to see here I am not the only one who struggles with baking vs eating well/fitness. I agree that these were too bitter and not sweet enough - I might have liked them more if they were a tad sweeter. Kudos on pulling yours before they cracked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 40 lbs - congrats! So happy to see you back, though. I agree. Souffles fall in the healthy-ish camp. :) And yours look absolutely beautiful.

    I loved these, although I was perfectly happy with just a couple of bites. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!