Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pigapalooza 2014




Each year we host a big Pig Roast to celebrate the end of summer/beginning of fall and our wedding anniversary.  We have been married for 4 years now and I have to say that I have married a good man who I know will take care of me for the rest of my life.  I love him to the moon and back!  Enough of that mushy stuff!!    

My husband smokes the pig in the smoker that he built and it always turns out really delicious.  We shred the shoulders and make a big mess of pulled pork doused in my almost famous barbeque sauce.  People actually think I should bottle it!  It is a big hit and the highlight of the party. The rest of the pork is cut up and served in all it's smoky goodness.  
I also make Baked Exploration's Honey Cornbread Muffins....yummmm, homemade applesauce (you gotta have applesauce with pork, right?)  All the guests bring delicous covered dishes and we have a grand time!

I also make a bevy of sweets and desserts! 
 The desserts, my friends, are the reason I am here! 

gluten free chocolate piggy cupcakes

sunflower buttermilk cupcake

caramel apple mini cheesecakes
oatmeal pumpkin cream pies



S'mores Macarons



banoffee tarts
cookie tray


Piggy buns
This year I made my traditional Sunflower Cupcakes, Brooksters and Brown Butter Snickerdoodles.  Along with those tempting treats;  Apple Pie Cheesecakes,  Banoffee Tarts, Gluten-free Chocolate Piggy Cupcakes, Oatmeal Pumpkin Cream Pies, S'Mores Macarons, Sunflower and Piggy Sugar Cookies and I tried to make some adorable little piggy buns.  
It is alot of work but I absolutely love doing this every year!  


Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. You're awesome Chelly! Your baked goods are not only tasty(I'm sure!), but beautifully crafted and combined with your passion delivers incredible works of art and scrumptiousness divine! You are, no doubt, due to receive repeat compliments each year! You, Chelly, Are an Outstanding Baker!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bridget! It is so nice to receive such a wonderful compliment. It is what I love to do!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!