Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Coconut Dream Cookies


Here it is again, my eldest granddaughter's birthday!  
It snuck up so fast!  And she will be 16 to boot!  She is a beautiful young woman!  So as you all know, if you follow my blog at all, I bake cookies and send them on my grand daughters birthdays.  It is Stella's turn...I am currently on one of my wonderful juice fasts so I wanted to make this one quick and easy....not too much fuss, but delicious.  


I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else!). Yeah I am still addicted to it and pin far too many recipes!  More than I could ever make!  But like I said...I am addicted!  Sad but true.


It caught my eye because it was made with coconut oil instead of butter.
And I used Truvia baking blend instead of all sugar.  So they are delicious as well as a little bit healthier for you.  And yes...I ate a bit of one just to see if they were good....you gotta taste it!  I know, I know there is little hope for me...haha!  Hopefully it won't set back my fast too drastically!


They came together very fast and smelled heavenly!  I think I would try them again making them even healthier using flax "eggs" and some kind of gluten free flour option.  I think it could work!  I hope Stella likes them.
Happy Birthday Stella Blue!
Love you to the moon!

Until next time...
Enjoy!



Coconut cookies make a for a favorite of holiday cookie recipes.
These Coconut Dream Cookies are filled with mounds of coconut,
chocolate, and use coconut oil.

Serves: 20 cookies ( I got 24 cookies)

Ingredients
½ cup firm coconut oil 
¾ cup granulated sugar ( used 1/2 cup Truvia)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking
mat.
2. Cream together the coconut oil (or shortening) and sugar until light and fluffy with an
electric mixer. Mix in the egg and vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour,
baking powder and salt. Mix into the shortening and sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips
and coconut flakes.
3. Drop cookie dough by the tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1½-
inches between each cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies have turned lightly
brown and are set. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Recipe by Cooking | Add a Pinch at http://addapinch.com/cooking/coconut-dream-cookies-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!