Heavenly indeed! These pancakes are light and fluffy like a delicious cloud melting in your mouth! The ricotta adds a beautiful richness to the flavor. Dress it up anyway you like, a drizzle of honey and fruit would be delish. I have seen lots of ricotta pancake recipes with lemon curd served on them (yumm!). Just a sprinkle of confectioners sugar would be wonderful...what ever you choose! I found the recipe that I used here. This is definitely an easy and must try recipe.
Heavenly Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 lb ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- Separate eggs and whip whites til soft peaks.
- Set whites aside.
- Mix all other ingredients together thoroughly.
- Gently fold in whites.
- Put 1/4 cup or so on medium hot greased griddle.
- Flatten somewhat with spoon.
- Cook until lightly golden brown and turn once.
- Serve with warm melted butter and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- You can serve with jam, also.