Thursday, October 6, 2011

Weight Watcher Wednesday-Pear Crisp


I realize it is not Wednesday....but every Wednesday I am going to try to post a Weight Watcher friendly dessert.  Today I chose to make something with pears because I had some just screaming to be used.... sooo I cut those little babies up and made a nice, not too sweet, comforting crisp. 


My tummy is happy


Pear Crisp

Nutrition Info: Calories: 179.7, Fat: 4., Carbohydrates: 36.4g, Protein: 2.3g

Ingredients
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp. walnuts
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
2 1/2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. canola oil
3 firm, yet ripe large pears, peeled (if desired), cored and cubed ( I left the peel on)
1/4 cup raisins
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 packettes Truvia
2 Tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Pinch of cloves

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray 8- or 9- inch round cake pan.


In food processor, pulse oats and walnuts 15 seconds. Add flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Blend 15 more seconds. While running, drizzle oil and blend 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl and set aside.


In another bowl, toss pears with next 6 ingredients. Spoon pears into prepared cake pan. Cover with oat mixture, pressing down gently. Bake 45-50 minutes, until topping is brown and pears are bubbling. Serve hot.


Makes 9 servings.
WW Plus Points 4

1 comment:

  1. Your pear crisp looks really yummy! I usually make one with apples but pears sound really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!