I am baking for my granddaughters again! This time for Lily....she will be 12 soon and I always send them cookies for their birthday. Lily likes chocolate so I thought she might really like these outrageous chocolate cookies! They are full of chocolate chewy richness and quite scrumptous! You gotta get a glass of milk to accompany these!
Happy Birthday Lily!
Outrageous Chocolate CookiesDo not bake the cookies to a crisp; they are meant to be soft and chewy
Everyday Food, September 2003
Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Makes 2 dozen
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second increments, stirring between each, until almost melted; do not overheat. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cook's NoteDon't worry if the batter seems thin. It should look more like a brownie batter than a cookie dough