Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lemon Pistachio Cornmeal Muffins: Baked Sunday Mornings


With the onset of the New Year I really want to stick to one of my resolutions....to eat healthier.  But....I love to bake and I adore sweets (my biggest problem!)  I thought long and hard about making these muffins and came up with a solution of sorts.  Use all healthy ingredients!  I substituted quite a lot in this recipe.  Instead of butter, I used coconut oil.  Whole wheat pastry flour was the substitution for all purpose flour and I halved the amount of sugar used and made half of that stevia and I used 
Greek yogurt for the sour cream. 



I don't know what these taste like when baked as written (I am sure they are delicious!) but I have to tell you....my version is really good!  They didn't taste "healthy" at all 
and were very satisfying!



Pistachios are a favorite nut of mine and I love them with lemon 
so I knew that I would like these muffins. 
Now I can enjoy them and not feel guilty about it!
T

Try these....they are delicious!  If you would like the original recipe please click the Baked Sunday Mornings icon below if you would like my 
recipe click here.  Which ever one you choose I know you 
will not be disappointed.



Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I love your photos. So vintage! Your muffins look delicious and I may try some of your substitutions in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what pretty photos. I could go into a daydream...wanted your post to keep going...longer and longer. And your muffins look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your muffins look lovely and those sound like excellent changes. I used to substitute yogurt for sour cream all the time and it works great - this is a good reminder to start doing it again. Oh, and it is so hard to eat healthy when you also love to bake; I struggle with it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started "taking" coconut oil (I put it in my coffee), but I haven't baked with it yet... Now I have to because your muffins look awesome! I love your antique scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. Great substitutions. I thought about using greek yogurt instead. Think I will follow your lead (next time I make them) and try those healthier subs. They are really good muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, Chelly! These look like they belong in the cookbook! Hey - wouldn't it be fun if the Baked Boys let us home-test the recipes for their next book & used our photos?

    I love that you adapted these to suit yourself - very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!