Thursday, July 10, 2014

Healthy Pineapple Zucchini Bread


It's zucchini time!  
My garden is starting to give me some beautiful zucchini. I know yours is too!  Here is a healthy and delicious way to use some of it.  I love the pineapple with the zucchini this makes a lovely moist quick bread.  Try it...you will definitely like it!


Healthy Pineapple Zucchini Bread
adapted from Josies Pineapple Zucchini Bread 

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled 
3/4 cup Truvia baking blend
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups zucchini, grated and drained well
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup golden raisins


Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat the first four ingredients.
Add the next three ingredients and mix well.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Bake in a 2 greased loaf pans 5x9, for an hour.
Cool for 10 min and turn out on rack.

Note: if using smaller loaf pans bake for 40 minute.

Happy Summer!
Til next time...
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!