Monday, January 16, 2012

Milan Cookies


I thought these cookies would be nice and crisp and instead they turned out chewy with a crisp edge.  I am very disappointed.  One is lemon with a white chocolate raspberry ganache filling and the other is coconut with a chocolate ganache filling. They were fairly easy to make.  I am not the greatest at piping...you had to pipe to cookie on the cookie sheet and it is difficult for me to get them all the same size.  I probably should have a template like you see them do for macarons.  I got better as I went along so the coconut cookies were much more uniform in size.  I guess it just takes practice!  They tasted really good.  I loved the lemon and raspberry combination but it was a little sweet for my taste.  The coconut-chocolate combination was good but the coconut did not shine through like I thought it should.  I didn't use the coconut extract because I didn't have any, that probably would have made the difference.


Well anyway...it was worth a try.  Perhaps I will try them again and maybe one day I will be able to make them as pretty as they look on Baking Obsession
You can find the recipe there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!